Yom Kippur: Day of Holiness
This year’s Yom Kippur schedule will offer a full day of prayer and music at the synagogue, combined with a midday program of learning, gentle yoga and rest with creature comforts at the nearby Samuel Pell House. The day will be paced comfortably, so please plan to spend the entire day with us. Our Yom Kippur observances will conclude with traditional Neilah, Havdalah and catered Break Fast. Our approximate schedule will be as follows:
- 10:00am — Shacharit Morning Service (Synagogue) (doors open at 9:30am)
- 11:30am — Yizkor Service (Synagogue)
- 2:00pm — Sounds of Shleimut: Chant & Gentle Yoga: Avodah Service (Samuel Pell House, 586 City Island Ave.)
- 3:30pm – “Whole and Holy” (Samuel Pell House, 586 City Island Ave.)
- 5:00pm — Mincha (Synagogue)
- 6:00pm — Neilah (Synagogue)
- 7:00pm — Havdalah & catered Break Fast (Synagogue & Community Room)
In honor of Yom Kippur’s themes of purity and simplicity, many in our community will wear white and refrain from wearing leather, jewelry and other ornaments. We invite you to join us in these observances.
Doors open at 9:30am. Please plan in advance for traffic and parking. Free parking is available on City Island Avenue, surrounding surface streets, and the parking lot at Seafood City opposite the synagogue. Guests using the parking lot should please use the spaces closest to the fence alongside City Island Avenue.
All services are free and open to the public. Please consult our customs and policies for helpful information to make your time with us comfortable, meaningful and enjoyable for all.