Some congregants step into our outdoor garden for their silent prayer or Amidah.
Now in our 80th year, our High Holy Day services are free to all without tickets or reservations. Free parking is available on City Island Avenue and in the Seafood City parking lot, across the street from the synagogue: persons using the parking lot should please use the spaces closest to the fence alongside City Island Avenue.
- Wed., 9/4: 8:00 pm — Rosh Hashanah Eve
- Thurs., 9/5: 10-1:00 — Rosh Hashanah Morning I; Shofar Service at noon. Children invited. Tashlich at beach follows.
- Fri., 9/6: 10-12:30 — Rosh Hashanah Morning II
Kol Nidre — Fri., 9/13: 7:00 pm
Yom Kippur — Sat. 9/14: starting at 10:00am (doors open 9:30am)
This year’s Yom Kippur schedule will offer a full day of prayer and music at the synagogue, combined with a midday program of discussion, gentle yoga and rest with creature comforts at the nearby Samuel Pell House (586 City Island Avenue, a two-block walk). The day will be paced comfortably, so please plan to spend the entire day with us. Our Yom Kippur observances will conclude with the traditional Neilah, Havdalah and catered Break Fast. Our schedule will be as follows:
- 10:00 am — Shacharit Morning Services (Synagogue)
- 11:30 am — Yizkor Service (Synagogue)
- 1:30 pm — Discussion: Holiness and the Golden Rule (Samuel Pell House)
- 2:30 pm — Rest and informal learning (Samuel Pell House)
- 4:00 pm — Gentle Yoga & Chant: Avodah Service (Samuel Pell House)
- 5:30 pm — Mincha and Jonah (Synagogue)
- 6:30 pm — Neilah, Havdalah and catered Break Fast (Synagogue)