Yom Kippur: Day of Holiness
This year’s Yom Kippur schedule will offer a full day of prayer and music at the synagogue, combined with a midday program of discussion, gentle yoga and rest with creature comforts at the nearby Samuel Pell House (586 City Island Avenue, a two-block walk). The day will be paced comfortably, so please plan to spend the entire day with us. Our Yom Kippur observances will conclude with the traditional Neilah, Havdalah and catered Break Fast. Our schedule will be as follows:
- 10:00am — Shacharit Morning Services (Synagogue) (doors open at 9:30am)
- 11:30am — Yizkor Service (Synagogue)
- 1:30pm — Chant & Gentle Yoga: Avodah Service (Pell House)
- 3:00pm — Learning: Purification and Yom Kippur’s Circle Dance (Pell House)
- 5:00pm — Mincha, Neilah, Havdalah & catered Break Fast (Synagogue)
In honor of Yom Kippur’s themes of purity and simplicity, many in our community will wear white and refrain from wearing leather, jewelry and other ornaments. We invite you to join us in these observances.
Doors open at 9:30am. Please plan in advance for traffic and parking. Free parking is available on City Island Avenue, surrounding surface streets, and the parking lot at Seafood City opposite the synagogue. Guests using the parking lot should please use the spaces closest to the fence alongside City Island Avenue.
All High Holy Day services are free to all without tickets or reservations.