New Class with Avra: Tai Chi Basics
Tai Chi is considered a moving meditation. It is easy on the joints and promotes stress reduction. The Mayo Clinic lists many benefits of Tai Chi such as increased balance and agility, improving immune system, increased energy and stamina, lower blood pressure, and more.
In these approximately 30 minutes classes The Yang Style 24 Short Form will be introduced in a simple, clear format. We will first learn or review the individual movements. Then we will begin to put the moves together as one continuous flow. The goal will be to eventually practice the entire form together as a group. We will also explore the underlying principles of Tai Chi such as columns, balance, and rotation.
These classes build on one another and are meant to be taken in sequence. You must register for the classes and join at the beginning.
To register (or if you have questions) please send an email to Avra firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes will meet on Zoom, Thursdays at 10:00 am to 10:30 am.
- The first six dates will be: April 8, 15, 22, 29 and May 6, 13
- An $18.00 fee covers the six weeks of classes.
- You can go to Temple Beth-El website’s donation link at yourshulbythesea.org
- Or checks can be sent to the post office box
Join the class on zoom: Tai Chi Basics
Meeting ID: 372 001 186 • Code: 132093
To access by phone, dial Zoom’s phone number (646.568.7788), then follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID and Access Code.