Yom Kippur – Day of Holiness
October 9 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
The day will be paced comfortably, so plan to spend the day with us. Yom Kippur will conclude with traditional Neilah, Havdalah and catered Break Fast.
Our approximate schedule will be:
- 10:00am – Shacharit Morning Service (Synagogue) (doors open 9:30am)
- 11:30am — Yizkor (Synagogue)
- 2:00pm — Mystical Learning: Layers of Soul (Samuel Pell House, 586 City Island Ave.)
- 3:30pm — Sound and Breath: Soul Healing Chant & Gentle Yoga / Avodah Service (SPH)
- 5:00pm — Mincha (Synagogue)
- 6:00pm — Neilah (Synagogue)
- 7:00pm — Havdalah & catered Break Fast (Synagogue & Community Room)
In honor of Yom Kippur’s themes of purity and simplicity, many in our community will wear white and refrain from wearing leather, jewelry and other ornaments. We invite you to join us in these observances.
Doors open at 9:30am. Please plan in advance for traffic and parking. Free parking is available on City Island Avenue, surrounding surface streets, and the parking lot at Seafood City opposite the synagogue. Guests using the parking lot should please use the spaces closest to the fence alongside City Island Avenue.
All services are free and open to the public. Please consult our customs and policies for helpful information to make your time with us comfortable, meaningful and enjoyable for all.